Acceptance into the FIRST STEP™ program is determined by a diagnosis of a developmental disorder and a communication consultation performed by our Speech and Language Pathologists. Children are accepted as early as 16 months through 6 years of age.
The First Step™ Features:
The First Step™ program meets 14 hours per week. Additional hours are available for children of the First Step™ program to continue their program up to 40 hours per week.
The First Step™ program features:
- An ABA tailored program to meet each child’s needs
- Daily work with Speech-Language Pathologists, Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants, academic specialists, and trained Technicians
- One-to-one attention
- Availability of Occupational Therapy and daily implementation of the child’s sensory diets
- Daily group time to promote social interaction and play
- Individualized play therapy
- Speech therapy when needed
- Individual academic tutoring when child is ready
- Haircuts every six weeks (additional fee)
- Parental assistance in maintaining a program
- Parent education and training programs
- Parent support meetings
The First Step™ Components:
The First Step™ program has many components that are included or that parents are able to take advantage of for their child and family.
Some of the services available include: